Thursday, May 14, 2009

February to May 2009


The chiva ride. 34 people. I love the little child hanging on for dear life.

There´s a kind of bird that lives in those sacks.

I did a catholic pilgrimage to the Jesus of Alanje. We walked along a concrete road for four hours, got to a very pretty church and it was nice. All during this I was holding back the fury of some newly acquired stomach parasites.


Church of Alanje






For those who don´t speak spanish this sign basically mean, ¨sorry you just walked two hours to come to this meeting. We didn´t feel like telling you it was cancelled for some reason we won´t disclose.¨













Some kids helped me out with my garden.





Peña Blanca from the side.






Peña Blanca from the back.







View from Tugri.









Most recently, I did a trip to do a latrine in another community, named Guayaval. It was a little out of the way, but gave a good opportunity to see some nice scenery. It was a nine hour walk each way carrying the seat mold, but well worth the views and getting to know a different region of the comarca.










A community on the way to Guayaval.
















Some of the people I stayed with.






This is a half made latrine.











View of some of the mountains in the area. This part of the Comarca is famous for its coffee.







The central group of Guayaval.




No comments: